Hi, I’m Lisa Hurley. Welcome to the home of my alter-ego, HappyHappyPhoenix.
View this post on Instagram
I often get asked: “@happyhappyphoenix is pretty unique name. Does it have a special meaning?” And yes; it does. As I emerged from a very toxic situation several years ago, I felt like a phoenix rising from the ashes, and I wanted to remind myself to focus on happiness. The name recognizes that there will be “ashes” in life – money problems, health issues, stress, grief, loss – while affirming that you can always rise from the ashes and live a joyful life regardless. It is a mantra I created to help me seek light, stay positive—and inspire others to do the same.
Here are some things you may or may not know about me:
- I love all the pretty things, and that’s how my @happyhappyphoenix Instagram got started.
- I’m a confirmed introvert, and co-host The Introvert Sisters podcast.
- But … I can put myself out there for short periods of time, thanks to a principal who thought she was running the Fame school. In the past, I have sung, danced, performed my poetry, and represented Barbados in regional beauty pageants.
- I’m a marketing copywriter by trade, and love bending the language to my will (or having fun with it).
- I’ve loved dressing up since I was a girl, so Afropunk is like heaven. I’m particularly happy that I was featured in Teen Vogue at over 50, as well as my magazine crush Essence. Check out some of those articles on the press page
Here’s what you’ll find on this site:
- A little bit of everything. I’ll draw mostly from my Instablog, but reserve the right to share other stuff that makes me happy.