Get your energy right with these 6 tips.
We all know what it feels like to be around someone with suspect energy. Especially if you’re an empath, it can completely throw you off, and leave you feeling uncentered. But what if the person with cloudy chakras is you, sis? What if your aura is dusty?
Here’s how you can tell:
- Your energy levels are low.
- You’re inexplicably irritable.
- You feel stressed, overwhelmed, and fragmented.
- You’re feeling depressed or emotionally off-balance.
- You feel purposeless and disconnected from yourself.
- You have low self-esteem, and often feel jealous of others.
There could be medical reasons for your malaise, of course, so your first stop should be to your doctor. However, there is nothing wrong with supplementing your doctor’s recommendations (if any) with some energy medicine as well. Here are six ways to get remove the energetic cobwebs and get your aura nice and clean:
- Distance yourself from negative people and situations. Cut them off. You cannot heal in an unhealthy environment. That friend that low-key (or not so low-key) throws shade? Do yourself a favor and let them go.
- Do an aura combing to cleanse your aura. Literally pretend that your fingers are combs and untangle the energy field around your body. Do this twice daily for about a week, and then once daily thereafter.
- Smudge your aura with incense, palo santo, or sage. Nag Champa incense is a popular one, or you could spring for some of Badu’s “Entanglement” incense. Most people use white sage for smudging. It’s easily available on Amazon. While you’re at it, smudge your space as well, focusing on the corners and hard to reach places where “energy dust bunnies” can congregate. If you can’t deal with smoke, you could use a smudge spray instead.
- Try dry brushing. Using a stiff-bristled brush, brush your skin firmly, but with a sensible amount of pressure. You still want to have skin left when you’re done.
- Get a reiki treatment, or, if you are a practitioner, give yourself one.
- Cleanse your space with crystals. Start with selenite and black tourmaline. Place them in the corners of your home, and on your windowsills. You and the energy in your space are in constant symbiosis, so make sure your home is high-vibrational.
Like what you read? Show it some love! Leave me a comment or treat me to a coffee.
Follow me on Instagram to see more.
Text and images ⒸLisa Hurley/@happyhappyphoenix